Oct 17, 2015 - 09:33 AM
1.Is it normal to feel a subtle vibration on the pedal whenever i step on the brake? (No I have never felt any vibration) a dealer can check for free.
2.is it okay if i put it to Park when im sitting at a light? I think it saves on electricity(Park doesn't change the electric, It won't hurt or help)
3.is it normal to hear some kind of hard-to-explain noise from the wheels when im backing up, like the sound of bearings in the Cv joint rolling over each other? I only hear it when its really quiet (We have never heard this, have a free dealer check of the brakes)
4. At 100% charge @47,000kms, i get 151kms range. Is this normal? Bcos ive seen some with 170km. Temp was around 10c.( It always depends on your driving speed and other habits, Hypermiling is good, Fast statarts and stops is bad)
5. Where can i get the device that plugs into the Obd that tells me the charging status of the battery? The LeafSPYpro is super and tells battery capacity ,tire pressure in each tires and much more) You need a smart phone and a OBDII wireless unit that is only about $10-15 bucks. Find a friend with one and you can borrow it once a week or month. I live in the Phoenix-Chandler AZ area. https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
Oct 18, 2015 - 02:31 AM
Question 2: I put it in Park most of the Time if I know I will be waiting for a short while Mostly if I am in a Queue at Traffic Lights, would not think it save Electricity
Question 3: I do not have that at all
Question 4 : At 100% I work on Miles and usually have about 80 I let you do the conversion ?
Question 5 : I do not know that one When I have my Annual service I am inform that
Source: Nissan leaf 2014
Jan 12, 2016 - 06:19 PM
#2:I don't think that it'll save on electricity. If you want to save on electricity while at a red light, turn off the car and the radio.
#3:you normally hear a clicking noise while turning if the cv joints are going out. Probably the back brake pads making the noise.
#4:The distance that you get on a full charge depends solely on the way you drive. Hard acceleration, faster driving etc...
Mar 13, 2016 - 02:15 AM
2. Putting it in Park saves you nothing. When you are stopped, the engine isn't "running" or "idleing" like a gas car does. All Park does is keep your car from rolling so you don't have to put on the brake.
3. Weird backing up noise... I've never heard this in the two LEAFs I've owned. Have your dealer check that too.
4. Low temperatures will affect the battery. So will extreme high temperatures. Your range will decrease in both.
5. Just get the Nissan Connect app, and you can find out the charging status of the battery from your smart phone.